Your safety is the most important thing. Listed below are tips to help keep you safe. It is important to get help with your safety plan. |
If you consider leaving your abuser, think about..
1. Four places you could go if you leave your home.
2. People who mught help you if you left. Think about people who will keep a bag for you.
3. Keeping change for a phone call or getting a cell phone.
4. Open a bank account or credit card in your name.
5. How you and your children can get out of the situation safely.
If you have left your abuser, think about..
1. Your safety-you still need it. The most dangerous time for a victim is when you leave.
2. Getting a cell phone.-The Harbor can provide you with a 911 ready cell phone if needed.
3. Applying for a protective order. Keep a copy with you at all times.
4. Going over your safety plan regularly.
5. Tell someone you trust about the abuse. Ask that person if they would screen your calls.
For more information about domestic violence click below:
National Domestic Violence Hotline